During covid19, we have more spare time to do things we normally wouldn’t have time for. So I challenge you to bake yourself freshly homemade bread from scratch! The recipe is super easy with just 3 ingredients! Only thing it requires from you is effort and patience. But since the world is experiencing lock down and we have less busy lifestyles… We have plenty of time right? So let’s get to it!
1 kg whole wheat flour, I used “Møllerens 2 bestemors grovbrød»
1 pkg dry yeast
6 dl lukewarm water
1. In a bowl, have the flour and dry yeast mixed together before adding 6 dl of lukewarm water (38-40 degrees).
2. Knead the dough for 5 minutes with a kitchen machine or 10 minutes by hand.
3. Let the dough rise under plastic for 30 minutes or till it has doubled its size.
4. Divide the dough into 2 and shape them into breads in two greased bread pans. Lubricate with coconut oil to prevent sticking, so it’s easy to get them out!
5. Allow the dough to rise in the bread pans under a kitchen towel for 45-60 minutes or till you see it has doubled its size.
6. Tips: use some olive oil on your hands and on the kitchen bench when you will shape the dough.
7. Bake the breads in the oven for 45 minutes at 200 degrees on the bottom grove.
8. Tips: to get a crispy crust, brush them with water before baking.
9. After they are done, let them cool for 15 minutes. (if you manage hehe)
If you want to add shredded carrots, 2 will do. Make sure that when you fold it in together with the dough after the rising, you will need to add more flour when shaping the bread as the carrots contain liquid.