So lately I have had a thing for mixing my porridge with chia pudding, and the mix is the best of both worlds! Why, have either one of them when you can have both in one? Therefore I decided this is the way to rock your breakfast. It’s time saving, easy to make and tastes delicious. I don’t need to write more to convince you right?
- Oat milk (dairy free, I have noticed that oat milk makes the magic of creaminess!)
- Coconut milk (make sure to find one without additives and preservatives)
- Chia seeds
- Almonds, berries and cacao nibs as toppings
- First make your chia pudding. You will need to make this the day before, as it becomes chia pudding over night! In a glass, add 2 generous tbs of chia seeds and after pour in 200 ml of coconut milk. Then mix together with a spoon and leave it in the fridge.
- Then when the morning has arrived and breakfast is up, boil together 1,5 dl oats with 2 dl oat milk in a pot on medium heat. Make sure to stir occasionally so that you achieve the creaminess! This is key for your oat milk to work its magic! Why it’s on medium heat is for the oats to be well cooked. After 5-10 minutes it should be done, and what I love is that it’s the method is quick, the porridge is not so hot that it will burn at your tongue and you need to wait patiently for it to cool down hehe.
- All you need to do left is, have the porridge in a bowl, blend in the chia pudding you’ve made by overnight, and add your favorite toppings like almonds, berries, cacao nibs and honey like I did here on the picture above.
- Enjoy your breakfast with the best of both worlds!
This breakfast bowl is gluten free (make sure the oats are gluten free certified), vegan (except the honey, you can have maple sirup if you are vegan), it is dairy free for those who can’t tolerate milk, it got plenty of fiber ensuring you a stable blood sugar level from the oats, got healthy fats from coconut milk and almonds, and has proteins from chia seeds. But let us not forget the wonders of the berries and cacao nibs giving you an energy boost. Now that is what I call a breakfast glory bowl!
To make time to enjoy your breakfast, means that you nourish yourself and your well being in mind, body and spirit. I therefore congratulate you for making this effort to take action on taking care of yourself. I hope this breakfast bowl inspiration makes a difference on your life.
With love & care, Melanie x