I absolutely love waffles, I mean who doesn’t? So I wanted to make them healthier and with fruity toppings giving you that summer feel! This recipe is with eggs, no sugar, without dairy and made with less gluten. These waffles I actually made in June but forgot to post them. However, I’m not too late as we get to enjoy summer a bit more and these waffles goes with it. Be prepared for another waffle recipe too as I want to make them next time without eggs being vegan friendly:)
• 100g oats
• 150g buckwheat flour
• 125g whole-wheat flour
• 4,5 dl almond milk or any other kind of plant based milk
• 50g coconut oil
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 3 eggs
1. Whip the eggs first.
2. Then add all the flour, oatmeal, baking powder and almond milk to a smooth mixture.
3. Finally add melted coconut oil and buckwheat flour.
4. Let the batter swell for 30 minutes.
5. Pour a scoop into the waffle maker and they are finished when having a golden light brown color!
6. Enjoy your healthy summer edition waffle and add whatever toppings you love. My favorites are homemade raspberry jam (in a heated pot add frozen raspberries till they are cooked done, if you want it sweeter add some honey or maple syrup), nectarine, slices of banana and apple, dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes etc. Oh and don’t forget to drizzle some peanut butter and honey/maple syrup. Go all out, rooting for you to do that, I promise it will put a smile on your face.
With love & care, Melanie