You know when you get into something and can’t get fed up on it, you’re like obsessed with it? Well, that’s the case with me and smoothie bowls at the moment. I adore the idea that you can combine them with so many different varieties and be so creative! Also the idea of blending in superfoods and have it as toppings too, makes it simply the most awesome breakfast to have. I guess at this point you get me why. The one of many varieties is the green smoothie bowls like above. This one has lots of healthy greens in it, superfoods like chlorella, spirulina, hemp seeds and cacao nibs. A huge boost effect to your day! Tempting right, both in flavor and to be the most energetic you? Well, what are we waiting for then, let’s make a boosting breakfast to start out your day best way possible!
• Half an avocado
• 1 fist size frozen spinach
• 2 handful frozen mango, banana and pineapple mix (If you don’t find this mix in store, choose one of the fruits instead)
• 2 tbs coconut yoghurt
• 1 tsp chlorella superfoods powder from super.nature
I absolutely love matcha and I love smoothie bowl, so what better way than concluding them together? It got healthy greens in it like spinach, but with the sweetness of mango and banana, balancing it out. Oh, and let us not forget the superfood mix “Power matcha” by yoursuper. This is my absolute favorite from them. Get yours at http://www.yoursuper.eu and use my code MELANIESTOKKE for a 15% discount!
Handful frozen spinach
Handful frozen mangoes
1 frozen banana
4 pieces of broccoli
1 tsp power matcha by yoursuper foods
2 tbs of vanilla yoghurt
1 or 2 dl oat or almond milk depending how thick you like it
Squeeze some lemon juice and if you want it sweeter add maple syrup to taste or one medjool date.
Blend all ingredients together in a smoothie blender. E
Enjoy it with your favorite toppings, the more the better I say! I had my homemade grain free granola on top, with cacao nibs, coconut chips and pieces of dates!
Oh and for more flavor and color.. Passionfruit and pomegranate really made the difference.
Feeling uninspired, too tired or making other excuses? What you are sure of is you want to make something quick, tasty yet healthy. But what you can only think of might be throwing a frozen pizza in the oven.. Can I be right? Well, I will save you from making that move and inspire you to do the contrary. Here is a really simple dish that will only take some minutes of your time.
• Portobello mushroom
• Tomato sauce in a jar or can
• Pasta being either glutenfree or of durum wheat/whole wheat which are healthier options for you
• To taste, salt & pepper, capers & basil if you have and like that
1. In a pot, boil hot water and cook your pasta for about 8-11 minutes.
2. With a heated pan, add 1 tsp of coconut oil and have your chopped portobello mushrooms. Sauté them so they become juicy! In the same pan pour in the tomato sauce and heat it up. This cooking process will take you about 10 minutes, so get on with it while your pasta is cooking;) Extra points if you add spices like oregano btw! Your body and tastebuds will thank you for it.
3. With your cooked pasta set, mix it together in the pan with the mushrooms and tomato sauce. A tip is to use some of the starchy cooking water since it will emulsify the pasta sauce. So don’t drain all the pasta in a colander over the sink! Fold the pasta and 1-3 tbs of the starchy cooking water depending on the thickness of how you like your pasta sauce to be. Cook for about 3-5 minutes on medium high heat.
Voila, get yourself ready to dig in and top it off with some capers and basil for extra flavor.
I hope you found inspiration to avoid the temptation of a frozen pizza and chose the healthier option I offered to you.
Even though it’s not summer anymore, I can’t get enough of this smoothie bowl. The richness of flavor, the thickness achieved making it creamy and like ice cream, oh and let’s not forget all the nutrients it got too! Loaded with antioxidants, healthy fat and giving you a vitamin C boost!
What I also love is that you don’t need to spend a lot of money on frozen açaí berries. That you’ll get from only one tsp of “Forever Beautiful” from yoursuper! This super mix blend contains 6 powerful ingredients; açaí, maca, acerola, maqui, blueberries and chia seeds.
2. Check out if you need more or less milk according to your preference of thickness.
3. Add your favorite toppings! Mine are almond butter, cacao nibs, here I’ve made grain free granola and coconut chips.
This recipe is vegan, plant based, gluten-free and refined sugar free. A great idea to make for breakfast. I hope you will see the benefits of eating this meal as it will give you glowing skin, boost your immune system with vitamins and antioxidants, and which nourish your wellbeing.
Wondering what to eat for a quick snack when feeling hungry? The answer is no bake matcha bars! These are healthy, vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free. And they got a superfood ingredient… Matcha! I’ve used “power matcha” superfood mix from https://yoursuper.eu and it’s definitely a favorite of mine. Use my code MELANIESTOKKE for 15% off. What are you waiting for? Buy the superfood mix with my discount code and treat yourself with these healthy snack bars!
The process of making the matcha bars is super easy. There is no baking time in the oven on them and they are made with few ingredients. So here’s a shout-out for those at you at home who claim they cannot bake… This is truly your time to shine at the kitchen!
• 1,5 tsp power matcha
• 12 pitted medjool dates
• 2 dl oats
• 0,5 dl shredded coconut
• 3 dl cashews
• 2 tbs coconut oil
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• A pinch of salt and a touch of cinnamon
1. Put all of the ingredients in a food processor until you’ve achieved a sticky dough
2. Line a baking pan or a form with parchment paper. Press down evenly the dough.
3. Refrigerate before cutting the bars and add toppings like cacao nibs and coconut chips.
• 80 soaked and pitted dates or I’d guess around 0,5 kilo/500g
• 4 dl walnuts
• 3-5 dl gluten-free oats depending on the chewiness & stickiness you like
• 2 tbs “yoursuper mellow yellow”
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 5 generous tbs peanut butter
Firstly soak your pitted dates in warm water until soft, then simply put all the ingredients in a food processor.
When you’ve achieved a smooth consistency, then shape the dough into balls and cover them with shredded coconut.
Voila and they are ready for you to eat them!
Leave them in the fridge to store them:)
The process of making them step by step
Hope you enjoy these as mush as I do! They have a lovely spice to it, is anti inflammatory and gives you an energy boost. The perfect treat or snack when hungry or craving sweet. These mellow yellow energy balls are gluten-free, dairy free, vegan and refined sugar free!
If you read my previous post, I said I would share recipes with you adding the superfood mixes from “yoursuper”, which I’m ambassador for. So here’s first one, and of course that’s smoothie bowl beginning with. It’s the perfect way to kickstart your day, leaving you energized and radiant!
• A cup of frozen berries
• 1 banana
• 100 ml plant based milk, add more if needed but you want to achieve creaminess so pulse well with your smoothie blender
• 1 tsp of “Yoursuper Energy Bomb” superfood mix powder
• Coconut chips
• Berries like raspberries here
• Dried cranberries
• Cacao nibs
• Nut butter
Simply blend well all the ingredients in a smoothie blender until you’re satisfied with a smooth consistency. Then add your favorite toppings like for example what is mentioned above:)
Enjoy and start your day full of energy with this breakfast idea!
I’m excited to share that I’m an ambassador for https://yoursuper.eu and can finally show you their products as I’ve tried them out first. I absolutely love the superfoods they are promoting for health benefits. All mixes are plant based, naturally dried superfoods without any fillers, sweeteners or artificial ingredients. It’s natural and real, values I also stand for, that’s why I couldn’t be more honored to be a part of the yoursuper family. As for you, I would love for you to join this healthy movement with us as it increases your micronutrient intake and supports your health so that you can truly thrive. Therefore, I’m sharing my discount code giving you 15% off when you purchase at their website https://yoursuper.eu / https://yoursuper.com, using my code MELANIESTOKKE.
They have many kinds of superfood mixes, but to start with I have tried “Super Green”, “Energy Bomb”, “Power Matcha” and “Mellow Yellow”. To give you an idea of how to apply them into your lifestyle and eating routines, I’ll share recipes of how to add them. Also I want to share the health benefits as I’m passionate about foods that are fuel to perform and good for your well being.
First up is “Energy Bomb”. This superfood mix is made for long-lasting energy so that you can be at your best throughout the whole day! As for being an athlete, I know the importance of keeping my energy levels steady and high. Therefore, I swear to this mix as it helps me sharp and energized so that I can perform at my best. I believe everyone are looking for something to make them feel radiant and full of energy to keep up with what the day has in store for them. That’s why I’m happy to share this superfood star with you as it helps you boost your energy levels for up to 8 hours! I think it’s thereby safe to say goodbye to coffee.
Next up we have “Yellow Mellow”. This one is perfect as we live busy and stressful lives that can cause inflammation in our bodies. That’s why this powerful blend of Ayurvedic herbs and adaptogens that will help you de-stress and make you feel well rested rejuvenated. I love that this mix has added pepper as it helps us absorb better the turmeric which is anti inflammatory super ingredient!
Next in row is “Super Green”. This one is for immunity. It’s crucial for our health to have a strong immune system to function well. But it isn’t always that easy to cover all the greens and vitamins we need throughout the day as we may not find it interesting eating greens or are good at completing meals with all the nutrients we do so need. Therefore, this is an easy way to increase your intake of nutritious greens and natural micronutrients (with all essential vitamins and minerals) as one spoonful equals one handful of greens! How mind blowing is that.
Last one we have “Power Matcha”! This one’s for focus. It’s high in antioxidants and contains natural caffeine. A great replacement for coffee guys:) The superfoods makes a great energy boost as it also optimizes your focus and productivity. In addition it also counts as a portion of greens, wow is all I can say.
Here is an idea of putting one teaspoon of “Super Green” & “Energy Bomb” in your smoothie bowl!
Stay tuned folks as I’ll share delicious recipes using the yoursuper mixes and help you out on how to apply them in your life.
I love pasta but want to make sure it’s a healthier version when eating it as sometimes it can make me bloated or actually feeling tired after the meal. This pasta is semi whole wheat durum pasta which is a better option than white flour pasta. Other options that are great are either gluten-free to find or spelt pasta!
But let’s talk about the more interesting part, how to make this pasta! Yet, first I’ll just need to point out how super simple it is to make it! Tasty and vegan friendly, it’s a winner guys.
• Handful of fresh basil
• Half an avocado
• One garlic glove
• One pack of roasted pine nuts
• Juice of half a lemon
• 6 tbs olive oil
• Pinch of salt
• Semi whole wheat durum pasta
• Sun dried tomatoes
• Boil the pasta first and while it’s cooking make the avocado pesto. Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you’ve achieved a smooth texture.
• Add 2 tbs of the avocado pesto and mix it together with the cooked pasta. This yields for 1 person.
• Then chop some sun dried tomatoes, some capers and top it with rucola. With a finishing touch, add some salt and pepper to your liking.