This bowl will give you a kick start for the day, make you full and keep your blood sugar levels in check, plus will nurture you with lots of healthy fats, protein, minerals and vitamins. So let’s rock and roll and make this day awesome!
• 2 frozen banana
• 1/3 cup / 80 ml oat milk
• 1/4 cup / 60 ml pistachios
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp spirulina from Supernature
• 1 medjool date
Blend all ingredients in a blender.
For the chia pudding add 3 tbsp of chia seeds with 150-200 ml of coconut milk and stir. Set aside for 15 minutes until it thickens. If too thick add some more milk.
Enjoy it with cashew butter and granola.
It’s so delicious, thick and rich in flavor, all you can ask for!
Sinus health is something I want to discuss about in this blog post. Through my experience, I have realized that some foods trigger my sinus and immune system. It’s due to cross allergies you eat that affects your pollen allergy. In my case, I have grass pollen and foods like oats, peanut butter, legumes, tomatoes and wheat triggers that immune response, affecting my health. When I got the news I was kind of devastated since that has been my diet for so many years, however it all made sense to me. Therefore, I could choose to either feel like a victim or make a choice of seeing the opportunity in changing my well being. I made a commitment to look at solutions, how could I replace other foods and still enjoy? That’s why I changed my mindset into looking at recipes replacing porridge or overnight oats to smoothie bowls for breakfast, in addition to making a grainfree granola as topping which is the recipe I will share with you here!
I hope this is insightful for you and that it can make you reflect on your own personal experience to make those necessary changes into feeling better!
What’s without a doubt is that making this granola is way healthier than the store bought cereal loaded with sugar;)
It’s glutenfree, grainfree, vegan and refined sugar free! And better because of chocolate..
• 1 cup raw cashews
• 3/4 cup shredded coconut
• 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
• 1/4 cup hemp seeds
• 1/4 cup sesame seeds
• 1/4 cup ground flax
• 1/4 cup cacao powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
• I also added some almonds and walnuts. If you would want to swap them for some of the other seeds instead you can, or add them to your liking as I did.
Mix all ingredients together until all ingredients are well covered with the maple syrup and oil. Then spread it out evenly on baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bake on 160 degrees for 15 minutes, then allow to cool to room temp for 45 minutes-1 hour before breaking into clusters.
You can store it in an air tight container or glass jar and you’ll have your granola ready for your breakfast with yoghurt or milk or on top of your smoothiebowl!
It’s weekend and it’s time for a treat right? I made this paleo blueberry paleo cake on a Saturday evening with my childhood friend, as I planned for us to make it as a nice dessert which I found on Pinterest! There are so many talented people and there are so many delicious recipes to find! However, many times I don’t know where to start cause I find so many recipes I wanna make.. But I finally decided to make this occasion hanging with my friends over dinner to enjoy ourselves. And the day after, on a lazy Sunday morning for breakfast, this cake only got better, so so yummy with yoghurt and more fresh blueberries to it.
Baking with high quality ingredients is essential, therefore I’m really happy with the products from cocosa – https://www.midsona.no/cocosa/. As you see of what ingredients you’ll need for this cake, are coconut flour, coconut sugar (pictured above) and coconut oil. In addition you’ll need almond flour, coconut milk, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon and walnuts. That’s why it’s glutenfree, dairyfree and refined sugarfree!
This cake is super delicious with vanilla ice cream for dessert, or when having it for breakfast the day after with your coffee. Then you should definitely eat it with either Greek yoghurt or plantbased coconut yoghurt if you want it dairyfree.
Enjoy yourself with a healthy and yummy treat guys!
Making healthier choices everyday is a step towards better well being. But don’t be misled, balance is so important, like everything in life. Therefore, don’t be too hard on yourself in the first place and enjoy the journey! Here I had made myself a healthier version of what I love; waffles. It can be difficult understanding or being open about if it will still taste great when made healthy. However, I can assure you, it’s no problem at all and with those toppings it’s nothing to miss.
These waffles are gluten-free, dairyfree, plant based, vegan and refined sugar free! They also have a hidden vegetable in it… Carrot!
• 5 dl oats
• 2,5 dl buckwheat flour
• 1 banana
• 8 dl plantbased milk (I used oat milk)
• 1/4 tsp cardamom
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• Pinch of salt
• 2 tbsp coconut sugar
• 1 shredded carrot
1. First add all ingredients except the shredded carrot in a blender. When the batter is smooth, then you can stir in the carrot with a spoon.
2. Heat up your waffle maker and add some coconut oil to it so that the batter doesn’t stick.
3. Have your favorite toppings with it! I love both savory and sweet, the options are so many! On the picture I had homemade hazelnut and chocolate spread with slices of strawberries and coconut yoghurt on top. For the savory part, I did homemade beetroot hummus with slices of avocado, olives, pesto, afalfa sprouts and chili flakes. The combinations are so so good!
Enjoy a nutritious waffle and congratulations on taking one step further on your journey towards healthier food choices.
Easy peasy pancakes and with delicious toppings: blueberry sauce and caramelized banana. So so yummy guys.
I love when you have few ingredients, can remember it in your head and the result is just mind blowing, especially with these toppings on!
But first, some deep reflection. Life can seem dull or meaningless sometimes, especially when facing difficulties in your life and in regard of the corona situation. However, perspective is key to transform your mindset and how you face these challenges. For a moment, unwanted feelings can occur, your mind shifts to victim mentality and one can forget the great gifts in life. But that is why I’m inviting you to do one small change about it, as simple as making yourself pancakes for breakfast. It for sure helps your mood and it’s a nice way act of loving yourself. I’m not saying this is the overall solution here, it’s only a small trick to lighten up your day and start off your morning best way possible.
When starting your day, your mind wonders back to the old thinking patterns, so did you know we think the same thoughts over and over again since we are not conscious or aware of it? That’s why taking time to prepare your breakfast can be a mindful practice if you aren’t the type to sit still and mediate for 10 minutes. Then use your time different by being aware of what you are doing, the ingredients, following the instructions mindfully, being aware of smells and another thing you can do while waiting to flip over your pancake is repeating to yourself positive affirmations when you start focusing on your worries, to do list or troubles. Being in the present moment is as its other meaning to it, a present to life.
I hope you find this helpful and let’s act on it!
• 2 cups flour (I used whole meal since it’s healthier)
• 1 cup oat milk plus 4 tbsp more if it’s too thick
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• Make the blueberry compote by simply put frozen blueberries into the microwave. It’s quick and it’s made without any refined white sugar.
• Caramelize the bananas by frying them on the pan with coconut oil, honey or maple sirup and cinnamon!
1. Mix all dry ingredients and let aside the milk with the apple cider vinegar for 5 minutes. This is the reason they rise!
2. Then stir in all ingredients together and heat up a pan on medium heat with coconut oil.
3. Cook them until golden brown and flip them over when you see bubbles on the surface!
Enjoy these healthier, vegan pancakes, they will make you so happy:)
As I’ve been reading the kaizen method, it has inspired me to do small changes every day and this is one of them. To add at least one superfood ingredient to my meal every day. I know that it can be overwhelming or difficult to do big dietary changes or maybe feeling off board with the rest of the other healthy people around the world. Especially when looking at instagram influencers promoting this and you don’t know where to start. Therefore, when the temptation to sugar or unhealthy foods strikes in, that seems rather fairly as it’s what you’re familiar to. However, I promise you that if you choose to make one small positive change of habit each day, eventually it will become a lifestyle, a way you sooner or later are drawn to and it no longer feels like a choice. At least that has been my experience and I encourage you to start off this journey and process by making this superfood breakfast bowl which also is a sustainable way of eating too! Have I convinced you enough to make that small change towards a healthier lifestyle? If yes, then first step is to add these ingredients in a smoothie blender:
• 1 cup frozen mango
• 1 frozen banana
• Juice of half an orange
• 1 tsp power matcha
• 2 generous tbsp of coconut cream (Greek yoghurt also works well)
I love the bite of a crispy, toasty sourdough bread, with melted cheese and flavorful veggies to it. That’s why I made this veggie sandwich, my take on a “club sandwich”. It’s healthier as I’ve replaced the mayonnaise with red pesto instead, mushrooms as meat replacement and adding one more veggie to it; oven baked pumpkin. The flavors altogether are really good, such a nice combo! I hope you will enjoy my version of a club sandwich as much as I do, so let’s get to it!
I know how salads can be boring, but that’s why it’s important to have a delicious salad dressing to it which makes the difference! Also know how to build your salad into becoming nutritious and interesting! Start off with a base, it can be rucola, iceberg salad, spinach, kale. Then add your veggies like shredded/cut beetroot, carrots, cucumber. Next up, mix together either oven baked sweet potato or whole-wheat/gluten-free pasta for healthy carbs. Let’s not forget the protein, I added soybean based chicken as a plantbased meat alternative. Lastly perfect it with the tahini salad dressing!
• 2 tbsp tahini
• 1 tbsp maple sirup / honey works too
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• If too thick and you want it more runny, add olive oil. Taste with salt and pepper and squeeze some lemon in the end over your salad!
Enjoy a healthy, nutritious, balanced plantbased salad!
Are you ready to take pizza to a different level? I challenged myself by making it gluten-free and testing out new food combos together. I love the sight of it, so colorful that it immediately gives you good vibes right? So you just gotta be open to it, but I promise, one thing for sure is that it’s full of flavors! Aaaand it’s healthier, so cheers to that!
1. Mix together the gluten-free baking mix together with the dry yeast, salt and stir in the lukewarm water. See if you need more flour or liquid as you want to knead the dough by hand. Therefore, it cannot be so sticky or runny that it’s impossible for you to do that!
2. Let the dough rise beneath a plastic film roll for a about 1 hour.
3. Roll the dough and put it on a baking tray with parchment paper.
4. Let the dough rise for another 30 minutes before you add the creme fraiche base and put the pizza in the oven on 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
1. Peel of the skin of the butternut squash and beetroot before you cut them in thin slices and drizzle some oil before being put in the oven on 200 degrees for about 25 minutes.
2. Then when the pizza and veggies are cooked ready, add your toppings on it. First you smear red pesto on the pizza base, then decorating with the oven baked butternut squash and beetroot, and let’s not forget the olives, artichokes and pine nuts on top too! A tip is to drizzle some honey or agave syrup as it harmonizes the flavors.
I hope you enjoy this vegan, dairyfree and glutenfree pizza and don’t worry, you can easily make it vegetarian with some cheese added as that makes completely sense too, hehe. What I only hope is that you will feel inspired to eat a healthier version of a pizza with more vibrant colors and veggies on your plate!
I loooove to start off my morning breakfast with a smoothie bowl, and this one puts a smile on my face. Now that’s the way to begin a marvelous day ahead of you! Not only by its vibrant colors does it affect you, it also helps boosts your energy and immune system. Thanks to the superfoods benefits from “energy bomb” mix by yoursuper and “rice bran” from supernature. Are you ready for it? Then let’s make it and kickstart your day!
• 1 tbsp nut butter (choose either peanut, cashew or almond)
• Half an orange squeezed
• 50 ml coconut milk
Add all your ingredients in a blender and have your favorite toppings on it after! I love granola, coconut chips, gojiberries and dried apricots with it, such a nice combo.
Oh, and how is it that thick and creamy? The secret behind it is truly these ingredients; avocado, nut butter and coconut milk.
May you have a wonderful day and keep shining vibrantly! Sending only good vibes to yourself and the world. I assure you, by eating this delicious smoothie bowl it will do wonders for you, it really does the trick:)