You immediately start feeling good when you treat yourself with care and serve yourself a nutritious meal. It also affects you positively when seeing a colorful salad with all the colors of a rainbow. It’s so easy to make it and you only need lots of vibrant colored veggies, plus a good salad dressing that does the trick. Remember, the more colors of vegetables, the better the variety of nutrients you’ll get:)
• Red cabbage
• Sweet potatoes
• Oil, lemon, salt and pepper to taste
The salad dressing
• 1 tbs dijon mustard sauce
• 1 tbs honey
• Juice of half a lemon
• 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
• Salt & pepper to taste
1. Put the oven on 220 degrees and bake your chopped sweet potatoes and cut slices of zucchini for about 20-30 minutes. Before putting them on a baking tray with parchment paper, mix them with a bit of oil and they are ready when soften and golden brown.
2. Make the salad dressing and “massage” it with the kale & rucola by hand. That way the flavor enhances and the kale is more softer to eat.
3. Chop your other vegetables like red cabbage, carrots, paprika and avocado.
4. When all is done, put everything together in a bowl and plate it up. Top the salad with sprouts and enjoy a tasty, colorful rainbow salad!
When it’s cold and grey outside, it’s nice to warm your body and soul with a delicious soup. And moreover, when it’s Thai inspired reminding you of the tropics and warmer places! It’s truly an escape and the perfect solution when it’s difficult to travel abroad these days.
Make yours and get into the Thai spirit at home!
• 2 portobello mushrooms
• 1/2 onion
• 2 garlic gloves
• Shredded ginger
• 2 tbs red curry paste
• 2 tbs Helios peanut butter
• 2 tbs tamari soy sauce
• 200 dl boiled water with 1/2 vegetable broth
• 250 ml Helios coconut milk
• Rice noodles
• Lemon juice, coriander, salt, pepper & chili flakse to taste
1. Prepare the rice noodles in a boiling pot for 8 minutes.
2. Then in another pot fry the cut portobello mushrooms with some coconut oil and sauté until golden brown.
3. Add the chopped garlic, onion and shredded ginger, and sauté for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the red curry paste, tamari and peanut butter. Stir and cook to enhance the flavor to work together. Then let the cooking cool off a bit with the vegetable broth. After pour in the coconut milk and let it simmer together with the broccoli petals.
5. Squeeze some lemon juice and flavor it with Helios chili flakes to your liking.
6. In a bowl, have your cooked rice noodles together with the soup and top it off with some coriander and enjoy!
Click on the links below to check out their products to make this recipe.
I love when you can just cook spontaneously and creatively out of what you’ve got left of ingredients in the kitchen. And so this happened, a tasty spaghetti I didn’t think of making before getting my hands on it. More so, I enjoy cooking when you don’t know how it will turn out and you just need to stay present in the process of making it. Luckily, the end result turned out to be a nice surprise full of flavors in harmony together. We all know how wrong it can go, and that’s not the right timing for it when you are hungry. Anyways, that was not the case and I can happily share this recipe with you!
It’s gluten-free, plant based and healthy. Quick to make when hungry and don’t know what to cook, this is certainly the right dish for you.
• Glutenfree spaghetti
• Pine nuts
• Chili flakes & oregano
• Lemon juice
• Olive oil
• Nutritional yeast
• Salt & pepper to taste
1. In the oven on 220 degrees, have your sliced zucchini on a baking sheet with oregano and oil. Bake until they are golden brown and soft, around 20-30 minutes.
2. Boil water in a pot before adding your spaghetti. Cook around 8-11 minutes as it’s gluten-free unless you want it al dente!
3. In a pan, add some oil and fry your cut mushrooms until they are soft and well cooked. Ps: save the saucy juiciness left in the pan from cooking these mushrooms. This enhance the flavor to your dish in the end.
4. In a food processor, add half an avocado, a handful of coriander, one garlic glove, around 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast, juice of half a lemon, taste to salt and pepper, and blend well!
5. In a bowl, add rucola salad, your gluten-free spaghetti, the avocado and coriander sauce, the oven baked zucchini, the mushrooms, then pour the sauce from the pan for extra flavor and mix it all together! For a finishing touch toss some roasted pine nuts and give it a punch with chili flakes.
Voila, enjoy and swirl your tasty spaghetti into your mouth.
Feeling uninspired, too tired or making other excuses? What you are sure of is you want to make something quick, tasty yet healthy. But what you can only think of might be throwing a frozen pizza in the oven.. Can I be right? Well, I will save you from making that move and inspire you to do the contrary. Here is a really simple dish that will only take some minutes of your time.
• Portobello mushroom
• Tomato sauce in a jar or can
• Pasta being either glutenfree or of durum wheat/whole wheat which are healthier options for you
• To taste, salt & pepper, capers & basil if you have and like that
1. In a pot, boil hot water and cook your pasta for about 8-11 minutes.
2. With a heated pan, add 1 tsp of coconut oil and have your chopped portobello mushrooms. Sauté them so they become juicy! In the same pan pour in the tomato sauce and heat it up. This cooking process will take you about 10 minutes, so get on with it while your pasta is cooking;) Extra points if you add spices like oregano btw! Your body and tastebuds will thank you for it.
3. With your cooked pasta set, mix it together in the pan with the mushrooms and tomato sauce. A tip is to use some of the starchy cooking water since it will emulsify the pasta sauce. So don’t drain all the pasta in a colander over the sink! Fold the pasta and 1-3 tbs of the starchy cooking water depending on the thickness of how you like your pasta sauce to be. Cook for about 3-5 minutes on medium high heat.
Voila, get yourself ready to dig in and top it off with some capers and basil for extra flavor.
I hope you found inspiration to avoid the temptation of a frozen pizza and chose the healthier option I offered to you.
Even though it’s not summer anymore, I can’t get enough of this smoothie bowl. The richness of flavor, the thickness achieved making it creamy and like ice cream, oh and let’s not forget all the nutrients it got too! Loaded with antioxidants, healthy fat and giving you a vitamin C boost!
What I also love is that you don’t need to spend a lot of money on frozen açaí berries. That you’ll get from only one tsp of “Forever Beautiful” from yoursuper! This super mix blend contains 6 powerful ingredients; açaí, maca, acerola, maqui, blueberries and chia seeds.
2. Check out if you need more or less milk according to your preference of thickness.
3. Add your favorite toppings! Mine are almond butter, cacao nibs, here I’ve made grain free granola and coconut chips.
This recipe is vegan, plant based, gluten-free and refined sugar free. A great idea to make for breakfast. I hope you will see the benefits of eating this meal as it will give you glowing skin, boost your immune system with vitamins and antioxidants, and which nourish your wellbeing.
I’m excited to share that I’m an ambassador for https://yoursuper.eu and can finally show you their products as I’ve tried them out first. I absolutely love the superfoods they are promoting for health benefits. All mixes are plant based, naturally dried superfoods without any fillers, sweeteners or artificial ingredients. It’s natural and real, values I also stand for, that’s why I couldn’t be more honored to be a part of the yoursuper family. As for you, I would love for you to join this healthy movement with us as it increases your micronutrient intake and supports your health so that you can truly thrive. Therefore, I’m sharing my discount code giving you 15% off when you purchase at their website https://yoursuper.eu / https://yoursuper.com, using my code MELANIESTOKKE.
They have many kinds of superfood mixes, but to start with I have tried “Super Green”, “Energy Bomb”, “Power Matcha” and “Mellow Yellow”. To give you an idea of how to apply them into your lifestyle and eating routines, I’ll share recipes of how to add them. Also I want to share the health benefits as I’m passionate about foods that are fuel to perform and good for your well being.
First up is “Energy Bomb”. This superfood mix is made for long-lasting energy so that you can be at your best throughout the whole day! As for being an athlete, I know the importance of keeping my energy levels steady and high. Therefore, I swear to this mix as it helps me sharp and energized so that I can perform at my best. I believe everyone are looking for something to make them feel radiant and full of energy to keep up with what the day has in store for them. That’s why I’m happy to share this superfood star with you as it helps you boost your energy levels for up to 8 hours! I think it’s thereby safe to say goodbye to coffee.
Next up we have “Yellow Mellow”. This one is perfect as we live busy and stressful lives that can cause inflammation in our bodies. That’s why this powerful blend of Ayurvedic herbs and adaptogens that will help you de-stress and make you feel well rested rejuvenated. I love that this mix has added pepper as it helps us absorb better the turmeric which is anti inflammatory super ingredient!
Next in row is “Super Green”. This one is for immunity. It’s crucial for our health to have a strong immune system to function well. But it isn’t always that easy to cover all the greens and vitamins we need throughout the day as we may not find it interesting eating greens or are good at completing meals with all the nutrients we do so need. Therefore, this is an easy way to increase your intake of nutritious greens and natural micronutrients (with all essential vitamins and minerals) as one spoonful equals one handful of greens! How mind blowing is that.
Last one we have “Power Matcha”! This one’s for focus. It’s high in antioxidants and contains natural caffeine. A great replacement for coffee guys:) The superfoods makes a great energy boost as it also optimizes your focus and productivity. In addition it also counts as a portion of greens, wow is all I can say.
Here is an idea of putting one teaspoon of “Super Green” & “Energy Bomb” in your smoothie bowl!
Stay tuned folks as I’ll share delicious recipes using the yoursuper mixes and help you out on how to apply them in your life.
Hot summer days in Norway makes me crave watermelon and so I ended up making a pizza version of it! Now when the temperatures are at 30 degrees, it’s crucial to be hydrated. This watermelon pizza will definitely help you out with that. Cheers to summer, sunny days and this watermelon pizza!
• Dried mango
• Mint leaves
• Dark chocolate
• Nut butter
• Pecan nuts
1. Cut watermelon into pizza slices.
2. Remove the stones from the cherries and cut them into halves.
3. Add dried mango bits and mint leaves.
4. Spread some pecan nuts, nut butter and grate the dark chocolate to finish!
Watermelon keeps you hydrated, contains antioxidants like dark chocolate also do, that contributes with vitamin C which helps prevent cell damage from free radicals. This refreshing fruit also has cucurbitacin E, a plant compound with anti inflammatory effects! And so do cherries! It’s a reason why we need to eat more plant based right? Cherries are a good source of fiber and potassium, which keeps your digestive system healthy and helps you with muscle contraction. For athletes and active people especially, this is a super fruit as it may help relieve exercise induced muscle pain, damage and inflammation!