Easy peasy pancakes and with delicious toppings: blueberry sauce and caramelized banana. So so yummy guys.
I love when you have few ingredients, can remember it in your head and the result is just mind blowing, especially with these toppings on!
But first, some deep reflection. Life can seem dull or meaningless sometimes, especially when facing difficulties in your life and in regard of the corona situation. However, perspective is key to transform your mindset and how you face these challenges. For a moment, unwanted feelings can occur, your mind shifts to victim mentality and one can forget the great gifts in life. But that is why I’m inviting you to do one small change about it, as simple as making yourself pancakes for breakfast. It for sure helps your mood and it’s a nice way act of loving yourself. I’m not saying this is the overall solution here, it’s only a small trick to lighten up your day and start off your morning best way possible.
When starting your day, your mind wonders back to the old thinking patterns, so did you know we think the same thoughts over and over again since we are not conscious or aware of it? That’s why taking time to prepare your breakfast can be a mindful practice if you aren’t the type to sit still and mediate for 10 minutes. Then use your time different by being aware of what you are doing, the ingredients, following the instructions mindfully, being aware of smells and another thing you can do while waiting to flip over your pancake is repeating to yourself positive affirmations when you start focusing on your worries, to do list or troubles. Being in the present moment is as its other meaning to it, a present to life.
I hope you find this helpful and let’s act on it!
• 2 cups flour (I used whole meal since it’s healthier)
• 1 cup oat milk plus 4 tbsp more if it’s too thick
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• Make the blueberry compote by simply put frozen blueberries into the microwave. It’s quick and it’s made without any refined white sugar.
• Caramelize the bananas by frying them on the pan with coconut oil, honey or maple sirup and cinnamon!
1. Mix all dry ingredients and let aside the milk with the apple cider vinegar for 5 minutes. This is the reason they rise!
2. Then stir in all ingredients together and heat up a pan on medium heat with coconut oil.
3. Cook them until golden brown and flip them over when you see bubbles on the surface!
Enjoy these healthier, vegan pancakes, they will make you so happy:)
With love & care, Melanie x