Feeling uninspired, too tired or making other excuses? What you are sure of is you want to make something quick, tasty yet healthy. But what you can only think of might be throwing a frozen pizza in the oven.. Can I be right? Well, I will save you from making that move and inspire you to do the contrary. Here is a really simple dish that will only take some minutes of your time.
• Portobello mushroom
• Tomato sauce in a jar or can
• Pasta being either glutenfree or of durum wheat/whole wheat which are healthier options for you
• To taste, salt & pepper, capers & basil if you have and like that
1. In a pot, boil hot water and cook your pasta for about 8-11 minutes.
2. With a heated pan, add 1 tsp of coconut oil and have your chopped portobello mushrooms. Sauté them so they become juicy! In the same pan pour in the tomato sauce and heat it up. This cooking process will take you about 10 minutes, so get on with it while your pasta is cooking;) Extra points if you add spices like oregano btw! Your body and tastebuds will thank you for it.
3. With your cooked pasta set, mix it together in the pan with the mushrooms and tomato sauce. A tip is to use some of the starchy cooking water since it will emulsify the pasta sauce. So don’t drain all the pasta in a colander over the sink! Fold the pasta and 1-3 tbs of the starchy cooking water depending on the thickness of how you like your pasta sauce to be. Cook for about 3-5 minutes on medium high heat.
Voila, get yourself ready to dig in and top it off with some capers and basil for extra flavor.
I hope you found inspiration to avoid the temptation of a frozen pizza and chose the healthier option I offered to you.
It’s far more tasty and rewarding, I promise.
With love & care, Melanie x