This recipe is super easy, and it’s so tasty! Absolutely love the creaminess from the cashew cream pesto. It also got a touch of greens like broccoli and spinach, to ensure you are getting all the nutrients your body needs. I would definitely say it’s comfort food and you will be mind blown that it’s healthy. It’s another win when this is made glutenfree and dairyfree. Make it and tell me what you think! I hope you love it as much as I do.
Oh and you might wonder how the cashews becomes creamy? Well, that’s fixed when you soak them in water for 4 hours, or simply put them in hot water and the waiting process is shorter. That’s how they become soft:) Another thing, is that when you soak them, you reduce the phytic acid they contain and you digest the nuts much easier!
• 2 dl soaked cashews
• 1 ripe avocado
• 1 garlic glove
• 4 tbs olive oil
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 3 tbs water
• 1 handful basil
• Pinch of salt
• Handful of spinach
• Pine nuts
• Gluten-free pasta
1. Boil your gluten-free pasta for about 6-7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile make your cashew cream pesto! In a blender, add your soaked cashews, avocado, garlic glove, olive oil, water, lemon juice, basil and pinch of salt.
3. In a heated pan, drizzle some oil and take a handful of washed spinach plus some cut broccoli to fry. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat till the spinach is sautéed.
4. When your pasta is done, drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Use 3-4 tbs to your liking of the cashew cream pesto and mix all together on low heat for 3-5 minutes.
5. Toss some roasted pine nuts and capers with it and enjoy!
With love & care, Melanie x