If you read my previous post, I said I would share recipes with you adding the superfood mixes from “yoursuper”, which I’m ambassador for. So here’s first one, and of course that’s smoothie bowl beginning with. It’s the perfect way to kickstart your day, leaving you energized and radiant!
• A cup of frozen berries
• 1 banana
• 100 ml plant based milk, add more if needed but you want to achieve creaminess so pulse well with your smoothie blender
• 1 tsp of “Yoursuper Energy Bomb” superfood mix powder
• Coconut chips
• Berries like raspberries here
• Dried cranberries
• Cacao nibs
• Nut butter
Simply blend well all the ingredients in a smoothie blender until you’re satisfied with a smooth consistency. Then add your favorite toppings like for example what is mentioned above:)
Enjoy and start your day full of energy with this breakfast idea!
I’m excited to share that I’m an ambassador for https://yoursuper.eu and can finally show you their products as I’ve tried them out first. I absolutely love the superfoods they are promoting for health benefits. All mixes are plant based, naturally dried superfoods without any fillers, sweeteners or artificial ingredients. It’s natural and real, values I also stand for, that’s why I couldn’t be more honored to be a part of the yoursuper family. As for you, I would love for you to join this healthy movement with us as it increases your micronutrient intake and supports your health so that you can truly thrive. Therefore, I’m sharing my discount code giving you 15% off when you purchase at their website https://yoursuper.eu / https://yoursuper.com, using my code MELANIESTOKKE.
They have many kinds of superfood mixes, but to start with I have tried “Super Green”, “Energy Bomb”, “Power Matcha” and “Mellow Yellow”. To give you an idea of how to apply them into your lifestyle and eating routines, I’ll share recipes of how to add them. Also I want to share the health benefits as I’m passionate about foods that are fuel to perform and good for your well being.
First up is “Energy Bomb”. This superfood mix is made for long-lasting energy so that you can be at your best throughout the whole day! As for being an athlete, I know the importance of keeping my energy levels steady and high. Therefore, I swear to this mix as it helps me sharp and energized so that I can perform at my best. I believe everyone are looking for something to make them feel radiant and full of energy to keep up with what the day has in store for them. That’s why I’m happy to share this superfood star with you as it helps you boost your energy levels for up to 8 hours! I think it’s thereby safe to say goodbye to coffee.
Next up we have “Yellow Mellow”. This one is perfect as we live busy and stressful lives that can cause inflammation in our bodies. That’s why this powerful blend of Ayurvedic herbs and adaptogens that will help you de-stress and make you feel well rested rejuvenated. I love that this mix has added pepper as it helps us absorb better the turmeric which is anti inflammatory super ingredient!
Next in row is “Super Green”. This one is for immunity. It’s crucial for our health to have a strong immune system to function well. But it isn’t always that easy to cover all the greens and vitamins we need throughout the day as we may not find it interesting eating greens or are good at completing meals with all the nutrients we do so need. Therefore, this is an easy way to increase your intake of nutritious greens and natural micronutrients (with all essential vitamins and minerals) as one spoonful equals one handful of greens! How mind blowing is that.
Last one we have “Power Matcha”! This one’s for focus. It’s high in antioxidants and contains natural caffeine. A great replacement for coffee guys:) The superfoods makes a great energy boost as it also optimizes your focus and productivity. In addition it also counts as a portion of greens, wow is all I can say.
Here is an idea of putting one teaspoon of “Super Green” & “Energy Bomb” in your smoothie bowl!
Stay tuned folks as I’ll share delicious recipes using the yoursuper mixes and help you out on how to apply them in your life.
I love pasta but want to make sure it’s a healthier version when eating it as sometimes it can make me bloated or actually feeling tired after the meal. This pasta is semi whole wheat durum pasta which is a better option than white flour pasta. Other options that are great are either gluten-free to find or spelt pasta!
But let’s talk about the more interesting part, how to make this pasta! Yet, first I’ll just need to point out how super simple it is to make it! Tasty and vegan friendly, it’s a winner guys.
• Handful of fresh basil
• Half an avocado
• One garlic glove
• One pack of roasted pine nuts
• Juice of half a lemon
• 6 tbs olive oil
• Pinch of salt
• Semi whole wheat durum pasta
• Sun dried tomatoes
• Boil the pasta first and while it’s cooking make the avocado pesto. Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you’ve achieved a smooth texture.
• Add 2 tbs of the avocado pesto and mix it together with the cooked pasta. This yields for 1 person.
• Then chop some sun dried tomatoes, some capers and top it with rucola. With a finishing touch, add some salt and pepper to your liking.
I absolutely love waffles, I mean who doesn’t? So I wanted to make them healthier and with fruity toppings giving you that summer feel! This recipe is with eggs, no sugar, without dairy and made with less gluten. These waffles I actually made in June but forgot to post them. However, I’m not too late as we get to enjoy summer a bit more and these waffles goes with it. Be prepared for another waffle recipe too as I want to make them next time without eggs being vegan friendly:)
• 100g oats
• 150g buckwheat flour
• 125g whole-wheat flour
• 4,5 dl almond milk or any other kind of plant based milk
• 50g coconut oil
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 3 eggs
1. Whip the eggs first.
2. Then add all the flour, oatmeal, baking powder and almond milk to a smooth mixture.
3. Finally add melted coconut oil and buckwheat flour.
4. Let the batter swell for 30 minutes.
5. Pour a scoop into the waffle maker and they are finished when having a golden light brown color!
6. Enjoy your healthy summer edition waffle and add whatever toppings you love. My favorites are homemade raspberry jam (in a heated pot add frozen raspberries till they are cooked done, if you want it sweeter add some honey or maple syrup), nectarine, slices of banana and apple, dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes etc. Oh and don’t forget to drizzle some peanut butter and honey/maple syrup. Go all out, rooting for you to do that, I promise it will put a smile on your face.
This recipe is super easy, and it’s so tasty! Absolutely love the creaminess from the cashew cream pesto. It also got a touch of greens like broccoli and spinach, to ensure you are getting all the nutrients your body needs. I would definitely say it’s comfort food and you will be mind blown that it’s healthy. It’s another win when this is made glutenfree and dairyfree. Make it and tell me what you think! I hope you love it as much as I do.
Oh and you might wonder how the cashews becomes creamy? Well, that’s fixed when you soak them in water for 4 hours, or simply put them in hot water and the waiting process is shorter. That’s how they become soft:) Another thing, is that when you soak them, you reduce the phytic acid they contain and you digest the nuts much easier!
• 2 dl soaked cashews
• 1 ripe avocado
• 1 garlic glove
• 4 tbs olive oil
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 3 tbs water
• 1 handful basil
• Pinch of salt
• Handful of spinach
• Pine nuts
• Gluten-free pasta
1. Boil your gluten-free pasta for about 6-7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile make your cashew cream pesto! In a blender, add your soaked cashews, avocado, garlic glove, olive oil, water, lemon juice, basil and pinch of salt.
3. In a heated pan, drizzle some oil and take a handful of washed spinach plus some cut broccoli to fry. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat till the spinach is sautéed.
4. When your pasta is done, drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Use 3-4 tbs to your liking of the cashew cream pesto and mix all together on low heat for 3-5 minutes.
5. Toss some roasted pine nuts and capers with it and enjoy!
During these two weeks I’ve baked and prepared the “bloom with food” products for the tennis event at my hometown tennis club Nordstrand. They arranged it this week and I wanted to contribute with healthy yet tasty products for the tennis players of the event. From my own experience, I know that the market is offering bars and sugary treats with conservatives and additives that is no good for you. Therefore, I wanted the oat bars, energy balls, banana muffins and raw cakes to be “pure” with only natural ingredients without any refined white sugar. I’m passionate about nutrition and my purpose behind “bloom with food” is that you will get fuel to perform.
I never expected the concept to come to life, but I believe when you are driven by purpose and passion things happen. So in this occasion, I suddenly ended up baking 150 oat bars for the tennis participants of the tennis event. They each got one in their goodie/welcoming bag for entering the tournament. This oat bar or flapjack was a perfect snack for them to eat before, during or after match, as the ingredients contain lots of fiber, healthy fats and good carbs in order to keep their blood sugar at check. As an athlete myself, I know how important it is to stay energized throughout my performance, there’s no fun if you end up hungry or moody if you haven’t fueled your body right!
On sports events in Norway, we have a culture of eating hamburgers, pizzas, baking pastries, cakes and ice creams and as a kid this is what you are growing up to get accustomed to. However, I wanted to change and influence with some new impulses by these healthier choices offered by “bloom with food” products I made. The philosophy is that you can enjoy while still perform. The banana muffins, energy balls and raw cakes are without any refined sugar, it’s without any artificial sweetener or additives. I was so lucky to be sponsored by “Sticky Fingers” with the ingredients. Those were of high quality, only the best! With medjool dates from Israel, vanilla bean from Tahiti, dark chocolate from Belgium, ecological peanut butter and the list goes on. I also wanted to make everything homemade, so I made the tahini or sesame butter from scratch and as well with the hazelnut butter. This was used for the oat bar and energy ball for extra flavor. As a whole, I care about what you put in your body, no matter if you are a kid, athlete or adult. It’s so important about taking care about your well being. When you do, you will bloom with food as the brand I have created is all about.
That’s why I made action with these “bloom with food” products to influence others into making better eating habits and choices. I’m going to be honest, it’s a challenge when it comes to what foods you are used to eat and then going for something healthier instead. Humans are habitual creatures, who doesn’t seek change. But this will totally be worth it, what I only hope is for us to be more open minded, introduce ourselves to something we are not quite used to with at first but implementing it in harmony as life is all about balance. I hope this inspires you to take some healthier food choices and that you become more aware of what you put in your body.
You might be curious about the ingredients I used, behind the scenes scenarios and how the “bloom with food” products looked like? So below I will share pictures from the baking process , the finishing products and from the tennis event:)
I introduce you the oat bar or more known as flapjack!
Lastly, we top it off with raw cake deliciousness!
I served 4 different raw cakes to make flavors interesting! One was with raspberry jam, vanilla cream, decorated with cacao nibs and caramelized nuts. Second one was raspberry topped with coconut flakes. Third one was chocolate and vanilla cream with fresh raspberries. And forth one was vanilla and chocolate cream with cacao nibs and caramelized nuts on top. Which one is your favorite? Comment below:)
Are you wondering sometimes if you can bake or make something healthy and still tasting good? Well, I’ve got you covered! These banana muffins taste heaven and amazingly it’s without any sweetener or white sugar! Thanks to ripe bananas (they’ve gotten cute brown dots on them) they are naturally sweet and gives these muffins flavor. So don’t throw away those bananas, use them for baking! It will leave you satisfy and guilt free, do I need to say more? I guess not, so I’ll just go straight to how you can make these beauties yourself too!
• 2 ripe bananas
• 3 tbs peanut butter
• 2 vegan eggs
• 2 dl oat milk or any kind of plant based milk (almond works well)
• 3 dl whole wheat flour (you can use gluten-free flour if you like instead)
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 banana for decoration
Makes about 12 muffins
• Mash the 2 ripen bananas, then add the peanut butter and mix well together.
• Then add in your 2 vegan eggs. You’ll need 2 tbs of flax meal which is crushed flax seeds. Mix it with 4-6 tbs of water and leave it to rest until it has soaked up the water and is like jelly so that it’s similar to the consistency of an egg.
• When you have mixed those ingredients together in a bowl, add all the other ingredients and stir well to you have achieved a smooth and even batter.
• Pour the batter in your muffin tins and bake on 220 degrees for 10 minutes and then lower down the degrees to 180, baking them for 9-12 minutes before they are done!
• Tip: grease the muffin tins with coconut oil so it won’t stick and leave them to rest for about 5-10 minutes before eating them.