This toast gives me Italian vibes, with the pesto sauce, oven baked aubergine, cherry tomatoes and drizzle of balsamico di Modena glaze on top!
It’s with whole grain bread, a healthier version with more fiber, and is vegan! Even though it’s not with cheese, an essential part of Italian cuisine, it’s still completes the satisfaction of a tasty and delicious toast to be served. You’ll get it when you take your first bite, trust me:)
• Cherry tomatoes
• Whole grain bread
• Balsamico di modena glaze
• 1/2 garlic
• 1/2 avocado
• 1/2 lemon juice
• 1 handful basil
• 1 pack roasted pine nuts
• 4 tbs olive oil
• Salt to taste
1. In a food processor mix throughly all the ingredients for the pesto. Remember that you’ll need to roast the pine nuts if they are raw. Simply roast them on a heated pan on medium heat until they get golden brown.
2. Put the oven on 220 degrees and on a baking sheet spread your thinly sliced aubergine. Bake for 20-30 minutes till you see them a bit brown.
3. When the aubergine is ready, toast some whole grain bread.
4. Spread your pesto on, put the baked aubergine slices on top, cut some cherry tomatoes into halves and drizzle the balsamico glaze to finish!
With love and care, Melanie x