The recipe is from “Adams matkasse”. He delivers in Norway a box at people’s door, which contains the food ingredients you’ll need for the recipe he has made for you to make. And one of his recipes are these pancakes that I want to share with you. It is delicious and easy to make. And it’s a one of a kind pancake which is way healthier and more nutritious than the dessert pancake! It’s vegetarian and I swooped the milk and flour to be plant based and gluten-free. Let’s get to it.
• 100 g spinach
• 5 dl oat milk
• 4 dl buckwheat flour
• 4 eggs (organic or free ranged eggs if possible)
• 1 red onion
• 1 lemon
• 1 pack of chickpeas
• 400g aroma mushrooms
• 1 garlic
• 1 pack of chèvre cheese
• 2 pieces of heart salad
• 1 pear
• 1 apple
• Some oil, salt and sugar
1. To make the pancake batter: rinse the spinach before adding it and the plant based milk in a blender og mix the batter evenly. Stir together the eggs and the spinach mixture in a bowl. Sift into 4 dl buckwheat flour little by little, and stir to you got a smooth batter.
2. Cut the mushrooms into slices. Peel and finely chop the garlic, peel and cut the red onion in thin slices.
3. Lightly pickled red onion: have the red onion in a small bowl, and add 1 tsp of sugar, a pinch of salt and juice of the lemon. Mix everything together and let it rest until you serve it.
4. Pancakes: heat the pan to medium heat and add some oil. They are ready when you see bubbles on the surface.
5. Fry the chickpeas, mushrooms and garlic in another pan. Cook the chickpeas until they are golden, about five minutes. Then set them aside in a bowl and fry the mushrooms after with the garlic until they are sautéed and soft. Fold in the chickpeas together with the mushrooms in the end.
6. Cut the chèvre in pieces, rinse and cut the salad in pieces, as well as the apple and pear.
7. Fill the spinach pancakes with the chickpeas, mushroom, chèvre, salad, apple, pear and the pickled red onion. Voila et bon appetit!
More about Adams Matkasse, you can find on his website here: