I absolutely love baking banana bread. The smell of it and how it’s naturally sweet by the ripe bananas, just makes it one of my favorites!
It’s super easy and simple to make. It’s healthy, vegan and refined sugar free. Just go on and bake it, you will end up so happy cutting the first slice of it. Aaand you will have much left to save for the next days, endless joy I’d say.
250g whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 generous teaspoon of cinnamon
200 ml oat milk
3 small ripe bananas or 2 big ones
3 generous tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons of flax meal with 6 tablespoons of water to make the vegan substitute egg. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes so it becomes the consistency of an egg.
1. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
2. In another bowl, mash the ripe bananas, add the peanut butter and in the end combine the flax meal egg.
3. Put the wet ingredients together with the dry and pour in the oat milk.
4. If the batter isn’t thick enough, add a little bit more of flour.
5. Let it be for 10 minutes so that the batter soaks the liquid.
6. Start the oven on 180 degrees in the meantime.
7. When the 10 minutes are done, pour the batter in the loaf pan with baking sheet prepared in it.
8. Bake for 55 minutes and let it rest after for 10 minutes before you cut the first slice!
After you’ve nailed the effort and patience, it’s time for you to finally enjoy it! Hope you like it.
With love and care, Melanie