The recipe is super easy and they are healthy! The only downside is that it takes time making them. But, I will say that it will teach you patience and to enjoy the process!
So how we make them? You’ll need almonds, medjool dates, dark chocolate (at least 70%), some shredded coconut, for coloring; juice of raspberries and turmeric powder, and some nicely chopped pistachios!
1. 150 grams of almonds
2. 3-5 medjool dates without stones
3. One plate of dark chocolate to melt
1. First cook the almonds for around 5-10 minutes.
2. Then they should be ready to take off the skin and you’ll get your blanched almonds!
3. Put them into the food processor and blend together with 3 or 5 medjool dates, this depends how sweet you want your marzipan to be.
4. When you have gotten a nice texture, use the batter to form your Easter eggs!
5. Melt the dark chocolate on low temperature and cover your formed eggs with help of a skewer you stick through them or with a spoon.
6. As toppings, mix shredded coconut together with 1/2 to 1 tsp of turmeric powder to get the yellow color and for pink, mix the shredded coconut with juice of raspberries. Chop some pistachios and you’ve got a touch of green!
7. When you have finished off with the chocolate and toppings, let them cool in the fridge for some time.
8. A tip, take a glass and cover it with aluminum foil, then simply stick your skewer through it so it stands. That way you’ll have perfectly rounded eggs!
Note: if you want stronger coloring than I had, simply add more of the raspberry juice or more of turmeric powder. You won’t notice the taste.