This is a healthy version which is vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free! The recipe is simple and will make you want more than one. That I can assure you, it’s almost impossible to stay away from them when you have 12 of those made.
The recipe for my healthy carrot cake muffins:
250 ml buckwheat flour
250 ml oat flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/5 teaspoon cinnamon
1/5 teaspoon cardamom
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons flax meal together with 6 tbsp water
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
250 ml oat milk
3 shredded carrots
4 tbsp honey
Add a handful of raisins, chopped walnuts, dark chocolate minimum 70% each.
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
2. Make the vegan substitute egg by mixing the grounded flax seeds with water combined and let it soak for about 5 minutes.
3. Blend the wet ingredients together with the dry and stir.
4. If the batter is too thick and dry, add a one more tsp of melted coconut oil and some oat milk to smoothen it up.
5. Then add in the shredded carrots to the batter, together with the chopped walnuts and dark chocolate, finishing off with the raisins in the end.
6. Distribute the batter in muffins tins, put the oven on 220 degrees Celsius and let the muffins bake first for 8 minutes which will make them rise. After put it down to 180 degrees Celsius and the muffins should be ready by 12 minutes!
7. The batter makes for 12 muffins, first let them cool down before you eat them and enjoy!
Easter is already here, so I wanted to get a feel of it by adding some cute, little Easter eggs on top of the cup cakes. A sweet cheese cream frosting will also do!