Mmmm, coconut yoghurt with berry taste, topped with granola, roasted almonds and raspberries, is pure heaven to me! What a way to kick off the day!
Making the coconut yoghurt was easier than I thought… I don’t understand why I haven’t done it before! Also makes me wonder why buy it in the supermarket, when you can make it at home and how you like it. I have longed for coconut yoghurt available in stores at home – Norway and in Spain where I practice, after I tasted “coyo” yoghurt bought in England. That one still remains my favorite store bought yoghurt.
I usually try to stay away from dairy too and therefore this option is perfect! In addition it taste so good and you can decide the intensity in flavor, plus the thickness.
How you make your own coconut yoghurt with only 2 ingredients!
1. Buy two cans of coconut milk which you can find at an Asian supermarket.
2. Keep them refrigerated overnight so that you can scoop out the fat. You decide the consistency; if you want it like a Greek yoghurt, scoop out only the fat. If you want it more liquidity, simply just thin it out with more of the coconut liquid.
3. Add 4 pills of probiotic pills, mix it together in a bowl with the coconut fat/liquid you scooped out.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic and leave it in the oven overnight, remember not to put the oven on! 12 hours is enough, but if you want your coconut sweeter, leave it 24h or to 42 hours, then you should leave it not in the oven, but a place warm outside.
3. And what I did when it had stayed for 12 hours during the night in my oven, was that I added flavor with strawberries. Then you decide the intensity of the flavor you desire, by how many strawberries you want! Mix together with your finished coconut yoghurt in a blender and it’s done!
Inspired by this video on YouTube:
The “coyo” yoghurt I adore, more information about it here: